PlasmaCAM's™ popular CNC machine comes
standard with state-of-the-art Digital Height
Control™ and sports many other dramatic
improvements over the original model.
- DHC™ achieves high quality plasma cuts by controlling the height of the torch
with arc voltage feedback. The cutting tip hovers a precise distance
above the metal, moving up and down to follow variations in the sheet.
- Because DHC™ maintains a gap between the cutting
tip and the material, tip hangup is avoided. In addition, DHC™ raises
and lowers the torch between cuts to avoid obstacles.
- At the start of each cut, DHC™ waits until plasma cutting
is detected before beginning motion (instead of just waiting
for a set time delay). DHC™ also stops motion if plasma
cutting unexpectedly terminates. This means more consistent,
- DHC's™ careful control of the torch height greatly extends cutting tip life.
- All DHC™ functions are integrated and controlled by the PlasmaCAM™
software – providing automated operation that is easy to adjust.